-= Random Ramblings... =-

Monday, January 03, 2005

Flickr!

Test picture
Test picture,
originally uploaded by foxpaw.
I just discovered Flickr. It's a free picture hosting service, although it has paid accounts with less restrictions. What kind of restrictions? A 10MB/month upload limit, and ummm, oh yeah that's the only restriction. Plus I can use it to directly create blog entries like this one. It's pretty nifty, and I find it much more useful than Picasa's Hello program that Blogger recommends. All my public photos (of which currently there is only the one you see to the left) are available for viewing at http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxpaw/.

I discovered it thanks to A who probably started using it because there's an iPhoto plugin for it. Damn Mac users. :P

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you also get an email address that you can email pictures directly to (ie from a camera phone) and you can link that email address up to a blog so that with one email you can upload the photo and post it on your blog. Photoblogging from anywhere where you have cell phone reception even if you don't have a computer handy. Now that's cool!

3 Comments:

  • EP! woot! i will link you. but that means you have to continue blogging or i will be sad.

    and i adore flickr too... www.flickr.com/photos/mileena. i send everything there from my phone. :D

    wheeee! welcome to blogger. :)

    By Blogger mileena, at 10:10 AM  

  • LeenAr! I'll link you too, and the circle will be complete.

    I've used photobucket and I wasn't impressed. The interface wasn't all that great. It's nice that it doesn't have the restrictions that the free Flickr accounts have, but Flickr's interface is just way cool. You should check it out if you ever need somewhere else to host pictures and stuff.

    By Blogger Foxpaw, at 11:22 AM  

  • i love putting obnoxious notes on my friend's photos :D

    By Blogger mileena, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home