-= Random Ramblings... =-

Thursday, March 24, 2005

I will not abandon this blog!

I know my updates are getting sporadic and I'm letting way too much time pass between them. I'll do better, I promise.

Went offroading last weekend again. Went up to Big Bear with a handful of people from Dirty World. Unfortunately Mike's Jeep is still broken from Calico, I think Big Mike's short on cash so he didn't take his truck, and Kurt's truck, the only other member that went, has a blown shock so they didn't take any of their vehicles out. We met up with one of Big Mike's friends, Dino and his brother Guile (that's his real name too!), who has a Pinzgauer. The Pinzgauer is a Swiss army vehicle, he has two of them and took the one that has three axles and six wheels, one axle up front and two axles in the back, out on the trail. It's a pretty cool truck. I followed him out there in my Frontier and we had a real good time. The first trail we tried was covered in snow that was way too deep for me to go through. So we headed to a lower trail that had a bunch of creek crossings through a really nice foresty area. I think it's called Jacoby Canyon. Very cool trail. Some cool action shots were taken, but Big Mike hasn't had the time to get them up on his site yet. The trail dropped us off on the other side of the Big Bear mountains, in the desert. From there we went to this house in the middle of a small desert community to meet one of Guile's friends, Vinnie. This guy apparently has a whole messload of animals in a kind of a backwater zoo type of thing. He breeds and sells dwarf pot-bellied pigs. When we got there he was just getting ready to castrate a pig using nothing more than his pocket knife. In a trailer that was sitting on his property he had a few baby pigs with their mommy and about 4 or 5 terrariums with 1 or 2 rattlesnakes and kingsnakes in them. I think he slept in there too. With the pigs and the snakes. Supposedly he has emus and some other animals too, but it was getting dark when we got there and by the time he castrated the pig, night had fallen. So we got some fried chicken, started a campfire, and just hung out for a bit before heading home.

All in all it was a pretty strange weekend.

1 Comments:

  • Swiss army vehicle? can you pull a helicopter and a boat out of it?

    By Blogger A, at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home