-= Random Ramblings... =-

Friday, May 13, 2005

Stupid Sports Rack

So my hitch didn't arrive when it was supposed to. It's Friday, I'm leaving Monday and I have no trailer hitch on my truck. It's partially my fault. When I ordered the hitch I didn't realize that I was talking to a store in Sacramento (that's where their toll free number goes) so the hitch I ordered got delivered to Sacramento earlier this week. I called them and told them I needed it shipped to Costa Mesa. Here's where things start to break down. I talked to them on Tuesday, they said they would ship it Wednesday and it should get to Costa Mesa either Thursday or Friday. They didn't call me on Thursday so I figured it would get there today. I call them today around 1pm and they tell me it's there, so I send Mirella over to pick it up. She gets there and they start to carry it out to the truck, but then notice that my truck is a Nissan and the hitch they have is for a Toyota. Then they notice that the name on the order isn't my name. Apparently there was another person in my exact same situation. They got his order, but not mine. After a few phone calls I find out that the Sacramento store did ship it out (or so they say) but there's no record of it in the UPS computers at all. It's basically lost. It didn't show up at its destination and the tracking number they have doesn't bring up anything. Wonderful.

Fortunately U-Haul has what I need, although I'm going to need to drive back up to LA tomorrow to pick it up, which kinda sucks. Sports Rack is going to refund me the money for the hitch they lost, and hopefully U-Haul doesn't screw me over. I'm paying about $20 more for the U-Haul hitch, but it's still not expensive and I need it now, so I'm willing.

3 days and counting... and getting a little stressed out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home